Monday, November 16, 2009

Wargames day 2


Hi all, sorry it's been awhile, but I'm currently having internet access problems - why? Well, me and Mum went to the wargames day on Sunday... and she left me there - here I was thinking she didn't love me any more, but she did come around today for a ride and to give me DINNER!! But I guess I should start from the start. Sunday morning Mum comes and takes me out of the paddock and loads me up into the truck, and we head off for the wargames. But heading into Riverhead the truck starts acting funny - Mum's thinking it is either the gear box or the clutch - wuh woh. We get there safely though.
When I get out of the truck, I smelt something really weird - I didn't realise my neck could arch in such a way, and boy did I start snorting. Mum thinks it was the sheep hides in the shed that set me off, but I don't know. What did the poor sheep do?
Once we were saddled up, we all went into the paddock and did some Steve Brady patterns, while the ground crew fought each other and made lots of noise. It was interesting to watch, but I wasn't too sure when the fight came a little too close to me some times. Eventually I had enough of watching, and when mum asked me to walk around, I decided it was time to play up a little, every time I had my back to the racket, I tried to use it as an excuse to take off - it didn't work, and then she made me start working round in circles and in figure 8's changing direction all the time so I actually had to listen to her - it was much more fun pretending I was scared and trying to run away. She takes all the fun out of life!!
Then we rode the gauntlet between two lines of warriors, hitting their shields with their swords or axes. I'm sure I came pretty close to doing a piaffe there when mum wouldn't let me run forward, but in no time I was walking through there pretty calmly for mum, or trot or even canter when she decided it was going pretty good. I had to keep to one speed though - she wouldn't let me gallop through there.
One time they were even yelling out "KILL KILL" but I went through. I can be a good girl when I want to be. Mum kept threatening me that I would be the best horse there for them to have for dinner - what could a girl do but behave!
After a bit of that, the rain started, so we took a mid wargames break (or some of the horses got to - mum wanted me to do some canter transitions - I'm tired of doing my Steve and Shar homework, especially when she won't let me rush).
But she didn't keep me at it too long before taking me back to the truck, taking my bridle off and loosening off my saddle. Then I waited while the humans talked for a while.
When the weather changed, all the humans were back up in the saddle, though Cruise, Ra and Autumn got to give other people rides - Daphne looked soo happy after her ride on Cruise.
I then stood and watched while Anna put a funny cap on her head, and then a big metal helm - she looked funny in the cap, but I didn't recognise her once she had the helm on. I think they also handed a helm to my mum too, but I didn't get to see what she looked like. She sounded funny under there though, and it kept hitting on the zip of her jacket making a funny noise, which had me a little jumpy.
Mum then walked me up to a cabbage on a spike, but she wouldn't let me eat it - that wasn't fair, I'm sure it was there for us horses to eat - why else would you put a cabbage out in the middle of a horse paddock? Apparently to swipe at it with wooden swords, a mace or a real sword (though mum didn't use the real sword - she was frightened enough that she might get me with the mace). We then we ridden at the cabbage while our riders took mock strikes at the cabbage with the wooden swords, which wasn't too bad, except from the metallic sound that sometimes came from on my back. But then they took swipes at it for real - though mum's hand eye coordination isn't the best... at least I know she won't hit me... I hope!
Once the mace came out, there was cabbage blood all over the ground - that made it an entirely different kettle of fish - it was much scarier then, and I know mum was distracted with the helm bouncing around too (and only having one hand on the reins because of the sword), so I made the most of any opportunity I could! Some people got some good swipes in at the cabbage, even mum got one or two, and then they changed the cabbage for a watermelon.
First Anna took a swing at it, and then Matt came charging up and split it in half with one stroke - pretty impressive! The poor watermelon was pretty cut up after a little bit of this, and Lady T went round handing out bits of melon to all the humans - she didn't give any to me though :( So unfair. Didn't she know I was STARVING??
After that came the charge - I was having a good time running with the other horses, until I realised that I was running towards two human warriors. But mum kept urging me on - I showed her though, I did my bouncy I'm about to stop canter, but still she made me run through them - I'm sure it wasn't a pretty sight however - lol.
It was then time to finish the wargames for the day. I had my cover put on and headed out in the paddock with Autumn, Ra, Cruise and Murph, where I got to polish off the cabbage leaves that had been left lying around, even if I didn't get any watermelon, I could still enjoy the cabbage!
The humans finished off with a barbecue, and after that was finished, mum came into the paddock, took my cover off, and next thing I know I see the truck driving out the gate without me?!? Apparently she didn't trust it to get home with me in the back, so I get to keep Murph company until the Steve Brady practice day here on Tuesday. He still doesn't really like me though - he just can't get over how pretty I am, I'm sure!
Mum told me my truck is in the driveway at home, up on a jack, where her dad is trying to get the clutch out to get it fixed. The main thing though is she hasn't forgotten me, and she came out today for a ride, and most importantly she brought me DINNER!!!!
The fact that I am currently not at home has made finding a computer much harder, but SHHHHH, don't tell Eve I've snuck off to do this. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment